Open J2EE Web Template
This is a working template project, which show cases a sample multi-tier J2EE web application with Apache Wicket, Spring IoC, JPA/Hibernate integration and a Bootstrap based frontend. It demonstrates MvC, SoC, IoC, DAO, Service layer and Open Session in View patterns and other J2EE best practices.
This template can easily be extended into a fully functional J2EE web application.
This template uses maven and is tested on Tomcat7 against Postgres 9.1 database. In order to deploy it follow the below steps:
- Clone this project, git clone git://github.com/kamranzafar/spring-jpa-wicket-bootstrap.git
- Create a postgres database
- Update pom.xml file and provide database details.
- Build the war file with maven, mvn clean compile war:war
- Deploy on Tomcat (this will create a "users" table in the database)
- Run the users.sql script in src/main/script on the postgres database
After this you can login to the application from the browser using the given username and password.